(Program to Encourage Active and Rewarding Lives for Seniors)
- Mobile Resource Unit – Provide a mobile bilingual resource for seniors to visit, meet on and or receive services in their local area. The primary purpose is for recruitment, mental health, and substance abuse screening for potential clients for PEARLS Intervention and treatment.
- Older Adult Wellness Services – Monthly support groups and/or activities utilizing the Mobile Resource Unit or other Senior Centers within our region. Topics for these groups and activities are determined by the older adults in our program and are designed to help address current needs and concerns of the older adults.
- Older Adult Home Safety Program – Educational classes designed to bring attention to personal safety, home safety, fall prevention and medication management.
- PEARLS (Program to Encourage Active, Rewarding Lives For Seniors) – Evidence based treatment for depression/suicide prevention. Typically conducted over a 6-8 sessions in a 6 month period.
- Early Intervention Services – Assessment, assistance plan, one-to-one counseling as determined by the therapist.
- Ham Radio Program – A program designed to take older adults through a training class, pass their FCC licensing, and then use of a ham radio. Once licensed seniors are invited to participate in a PEARLS Net. Great disaster preparedness for seniors!
Please contact Marilynn Jordan at Rim Family Services for more information, 336-1800